The Presidential Communications Operations Office released a department order on Interim Social Media Practitioner Accreditation
Social Media accreditation shall be issued to Filipino Citizen at least eighteen (18) years of age with at least five thousand (5,000) followers in any social media platforms.
- Accreditation shall be free and voluntary.
- Social media practioners who want to cover the official event or activities of the President shall file their applications with the Social Media Office at 2F New Executive Building, JP Laurel St., San Miguel, Manila.
- Unless expressly specified, accreditation is understood to be on a per event/activity only.
- The application forms for accreditation may be downloaded through the PCOO website at www.pco.gov.ph.
- Once complete and in accordance with these guidelines, the Social Media Office will review and consider the application within three (3) working days.
- Once approved, the Social Media Office will issue the SMO accreditation, which shall be valid for single use only, unless expressly specified.
- Accreditation is non-transferable and cannot be sold. Individuals with accreditation must ensure that their accreditations are not used by others.
- Accreditation is subject to the approval of the Presidential Security Group (PSG).
See PCOO Department Order No. 015