Lately, I took an extra mile in what I usually do. I heeded to the challenge of pursuing a vacant seat in the National Youth Commission as it's Commissioner-at-Large. It was certainly a huge challenge to hurdle.
A new Commissioner was chosen, Raphael Cruz, son of Usec. Cruz from the Office of the Executive Secretary. My heartfelt congratulations!
But my journey for this goal would not be meaningless as people both whom I know and not have thrown their support and did not hesitate to support my bid. I dedicate this article to all of them and know that deep in my heart I appreciate all the things you did and I hope you will never cease to believe the things we are fighting for.
I personally want to thank all the 37 endorsements who went beyond words to show their support. Without you, I won't have the enough will to pursue.
- Senator Pia Cayetano
- Usec. Oyen Dorotan, National Anti-Poverty Commission
- Rep. Janette Garin, House Senior Deputy Majority Floor Leader & Iloilo Representative
- Sec. Espie Cabral, former DOH Secretary
- Dir. Kenneth Harigan-Go, Director IV, Food & Drugs Administration
- Dr. Deva Beck and Dr. Barbie Dossey, Nightingale Initiative for Global Health (US)
- Dr. Patricia Pittman, Alliance for Ethical International Recruitment Practices (US)
- Atty. Steve Salonga, Provincial Chairman, Liberal Party of Rizal
- Mr. Adrian Martinez, Kabataang Liberal
- Ms. Angeli Bustria, EDSA People Power Commission NCR Council
- Dr. Ces Acuin, Universal Health Care Study Group, UP National Institutes of Health
- Dr. Marita Reyes, Women's Health Care Foundation
- Ms. Ana Santos, Sex and Sensibilities.com
- Hon. Billy Jay Guansing, Chairman, Nueva Ecija Provincial Youth Development Council
- Ms. Maricor Cauton, International Youth Council Philippines
- Ms. Tina Siuagan, Alliance of Young Nurse Leaders & Advocates International Inc.
- Mr. Jonathan Monis, Youth Consortium for Reproductive Health
- Mr. Jacky Chan Jop, Youth Radio Network Philippines
- Ms. Ferry Irish Santiago, Adventist University of the Philippines Student Association
- Mr. Andrew Rex Manalang, College of Social Work & Community Development Student Council
- Mr. Christian Ray Buendia, former Editor-in-Chief, UPLB Perspective
- Ms. Abegaille Dela Cruz, UP Good Governance Initiative
- Mr. Joey Dela Cruz, 2012 Youth Ambassador, MTV End Exploitation & Trafficking Association of South East Asian Nations
- Ms. Marissa Langseth, Philippine Atheists & Agnostics Society (US)
- Mr. Kevin Ray Chua, Cebuano Youth Ambassadors
- Ms. Marikris De Guzman, Alliance of Young Health Advocates
- Mr. Darren Carino, Sirmata Ni Agtutubo nga Abreno
- Ms. Ellaine Dimayuga, Ms. Christy Sandoval, Bagong Adbokasiyang pangKabuhayan Ating Simulan
- Mr. Jay Arian Caparida, Peer Educators Movement or Empowerment in Pasay, Manila, Caloocan and Quezon City
- Ms. Janina Gillian Santos, Philippine Health Bloggers Society
- Mr. Janvie Amido, Federation of Young Advocates
- Mr. Lornito Mahinay Jr., Movement of Anti-Trafficking Advocates (Mindanao Regional Coordinating Office)
- Ms. Nikole Alicer, NCPAG Representative, UP Diliman University Student Council
- Mr. Gerome Vedeja, CAS Representative, UP Manila Univeristy Student Council
- Mr. Rejiel Gonzales, Engineering Representative, UP Diliman University Student Council
- Mr. Bhen Aguihon, former Student Council Member, UP Los Banos University Student Council
- Mr. Dick Guiller Delfin, Chairperson, UP Visayas Tacloban Student Council
I would also like to make special mention to Usec. Madeleine Valera who shared her comforting and inspirational words to me.
Also I would like to express my gratitude to my AYNLA Family whom I have served for four (4) years. Now it's time for all of us to move a a better place. I will always be with you as your Chair Emeritus and will continue to help the best I can. But for now, we shall part ways so all of us will grow.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you!