Do you know that I don't celebrate my birthdays? It started when I think I was in my 20s. Well the reason behind is that, it's economical, it's practical and I think it's nothing special. I have not considered my birthday any special - not until now.
Several years ago, I do not see the purpose of celebrating my birthday since I think only my family would be the ones to know about it and since we are suffering from financial crisis, a simple greeting would suffice for the entire day.
Last year I received around 150 greetings for my 26th birthday, but now I have received more than 500 from different sources like SMS, personal greetings, Twitter, Facebook etc. Facebook having to dominate with about 350 of the greetings, photos etc. and this is also a bit unique because I received 2 blogs featuring how I affected their lives and several greetings from both friends in politics and the show business.
I ended my 27th birthday spending it with the family of my partner here in Cavite and I felt belonged. I also felt the great respect and gratitude from different people as I received their numerous greetings. Although I cannot respond to each of them, let me greet them collectively.
Of course I'd like to thank my family for always been there. Though we don't celebrate much but I feel their love and sincerity every year they greet me. I'd also like to thank all my relatives, former students, workmates, org-mates and friends who also didn't fail to send their warm greetings.
I would like to thank the organizations where I currently belong and work with a lot of my different advocacy:
- Alliance of Young Nurse Leaders & Advocates International Inc. (AYNLA), Board of Trustees, Local Chapters, Regional Councils, National Officers, appointees and members;
|AYNLA Nueva Ecija Chapter Photo Greeting|
|AYNLA Quezon City Chapter Photo Greeting|
|Mayor Rommel Yapchiongco of AYNLA Nueva Ecija|
- Alliance of Young Health Advocates
- Student Nurses Alliance of the Philippines
- Reproductive Health Nurses Association of the Philippines
- International Youth Council Pilipinas
- National Anti-Poverty Commission, Youth and Students Sectoral Council
- EDSA People Power Commission, NCR Health Council
- Kabataang Liberal
- Reproductive Health Advocacy Network Youth
- Janina Santos' Blog http://theironyofnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/06/change-of-heart.html
- Tina Siuagan's Blog http://nursetinashares.blogspot.com/2012/06/two-years-ago-when-i-was-still-newbie.html
- Direk Jose Javier Reyes - TV & Movie director/writer/critique and the first one to greet a day before actually
- Deputy Spokesperson Abigail Valte - Deputy Spokesperson of President Benigno Aquino III
- Vice Mayor Isko Moreno - Vice Mayor, City of Manila
- Vice Mayor Carlo Fortuna - former Vice Mayor, City of Mandaue, Cebu
- Rep. Teddy Casino - Representative, Bayan Muna Partylist
- Rep. Sonny Angara - Representative, Aurora Lone District
- Rep. Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel - former Representative & now National Chairperson, Akbayan Partylist
- Comm. Ruffy Biazon - Commissioner, Bureau of Customs
- Asec Lila Shahani - Assistant Secretary & Head of Communications, Human Development & Poverty Reduction Cabinet Cluster
- Usec Leon Flores III - Undersecretary & Chairperson, National Youth Commission
- Asec Perci Cendana - Assistant Secretary & Commissioner-at-Large, National Youth Commission
- Asec Gio Tingson - Assistant Secretary & Commissioner-at-Large, National Youth Commission
- Asec Georg Nava - Assistant Secretary & Commissioner Representing Luzon, National Youth Commission
- Renaud Meyer - Country Director, United Nations Development Programme Philippines
- Apples Jalandoni - Journalist & Broadcaster, ABS-CBN
- Barnaby Lo - CCTV China News Correspondent & CBS News Producer for Manila
- Regent Jossel Ebsate - Staff Regent, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Elizabeth Angsioco - National Chairperson, Democratic Socialist Women of the Philippines / Columnist, Manila Standard Today
- Frank Cimatu - award-winning journalist and poet
- Dr. Gene Nisperos - Secretary General, Health Alliance for Democracy
- Dr. Gary Sy - renowned medical practitioner, television host, radio broadcaster, columnist and author
- Ka Rene Magtubo - former Representative & now President of Partido ng Manggagawa
- Atty. Angie Umbac - Executive Director, Rainbow Rights Project
- Malu Marin - Executive Director, Action for Health Initiatives Inc.
- Alina Bezhenar - Community Manager, International Youth Council (New York HQ)
- Jojo Matias - Chairperson, Provincial Youth Development Council of Nueva Ecija
- Angelica Ligas - international award-winning nurse practitioner based in the US
- Jigs Pasamba - National President, National Youth Parliament Alumni Association
Rest assured I won't stop doing the things I think is best for our country and will continue to encourage more young people to also do the same.
"Ang Pambansang Nurse" (pinangatawanan ko na talaga ang titulong ito hahaha)