The Reproductive Health Bill Infomercials
Stay informed. Be empowered.
Ang Istorya ni Elsa
Napabilang si Elsa sa mga labing isang (11) kababaihang namatay dahil sa kumplikasyon ng pagbubuntis at panganganak. Kung naiplano lamang si Elsa at ang kanyang asawa ng agwat at bilang ng kanilang mga anak, sana buhay pa siya ngayon at hindi naulila ang kanyang mga anak.
Time is Running Out
Leaders and experts from different fields of practice joined together to speak in support of the Reproductive Health Bill/s (which was then Senate Bill 3122 and House Bill 5043).
The following leaders spoke (in particular order of appearance):
- Dr. Junice Lirza Melgar, Executive Director, Likhaan Center for Women's Health & Secretary General of Reproductive Health Advocacy Network
- H.E. Fidel Ramos, former President of the Republic of the Philippines
- Ms. Elizabeth Angsioco, National Chairperson, Democratic Socialist Women of the Philippines
- Dr. Alberto Romualdez, former Secretary of Health & Dean, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Dr. Grace Cruz, University of the Philippines Population Institute
- Ms. Lea Salonga-Chien, International Artist
- Ms. Amina Rasul, Muslim Women Leader
- Dr. Jonathan 'Jondi' Flavier, Cooperative Movement for Encouraging NSV
- Comm. Benjamin de Leon, Commissioner, Population Commission & President of the Forum for Family Planning & Development
- Katwo Puertollano, Artist & Musician
- Carlos Celdran, Renowned Tour Guide, Artist & Blogger
- Arvin 'Tado' Jimenez, TV & Radio Personality
- Rt. Hon. Ceasar Virata, former Prime Minister of the Philippines
- Bishop Rodrigo Tano, Interfaith Partnership for the Responsible Parenthood & Family
RH Bill is Freedom of Choice & Pro-Chance
This informercial features one of the staunch advocates of women's health & rights, former Representative Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel (who incidentally also have the initials R.H.). The RH Bill is not just about choice, it is about chance. Chance of the poor to go & finish schooling continuously. The chance to eat well. The chance to aim higher and not just to daydream. The RH Bill gives us the chance to live well.